Last updated December 30, 2021.
This is the privacy notice for Alaimo & Boyer. We recognize the importance of protecting your privacy and provide this privacy notice (the “Privacy Notice”) to let you know how we collect and use information about consumers of our services and visitors to our website at www.alaimoboyer.com.
Our privacy practices are based on US federal and state and selected international privacy laws, guidelines and practices.
600 W. Broadway,
San Diego, CA 92101
One America Plaza
By providing personal information to us, or using the website, you consent to our data collection, use and disclosure practices, and other activities as described in this Privacy Notice. “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
WE DO NOT SELL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
If you have questions or wish to exercise your rights and choices, please contact us. See the “How to Contact Us” section below.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
Information You Provide
In general, you do not have to provide information to use our website.
You may choose to provide your information to us via the website. For example, certain services which you may have questions about may require you to provide information, such as your name, address, e-mail address and other contact information to find out more about the service.
Because it is not possible to anticipate every conceivable context in which information might be provided to us through our website, we can provide no assurance that any information you choose to provide to us via our website will be maintained as private. You should not submit private or confidential information to us via the website.
We collect information via the website when such information is provided by visitors who make a submission through our website. Information collected through our website may be stored in in our contact database where it may be combined with pre-existing contact information.
We use your information mainly to respond to your inquiries and communicate with you. We may also use your information in other ways naturally associated with the circumstances in which you provided the information.
When you contact us through the “Contact Us” link, we use the information you provide to send you the communications you request and/or respond to your inquiry and may also use the information to communicate with you about other topics we believe may be of interest to you.
Information We Collect By Automated Means
When you visit our website, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our website, pages of our website that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our website, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the website and for the website’s technical administration, to increase our website’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor the website to our visitors’ needs.
Certain pages on our websites may contain “web beacons” (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). These web beacons allow us or other entities to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, and the type of browser used to view the page.
Information from Other Sources
We collect information from other sources. The following are the categories of sources we collect information from publicly-available sources, including data in the public domain.
Additional Uses of Information
We collect and use information for other business and commercial purposes in accordance with the practices described in this Privacy Notice. Our other business purposes for collecting and using information, including in the last 12 months, include to:
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages.
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm.
- Fulfill any other business or commercial purposes at your direction or with your notice and/or consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
We share information we collect about you in accordance with the practices described in this Privacy Notice or with notice to you and your permission. The types of entities to whom we disclose and have shared information, including within the last 12 months, include the following:
- Service Providers. We engage companies and individuals to perform services on our behalf for business purposes, including without limitation, to facilitate our website, provide the website on our behalf, and perform website-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the website’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our website is used. These service providers may have access to your information. These service providers are not authorized by us to use, retain, or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements. We may permit them to use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law.
- Partners. From time to time, we may also co-sponsor programs or events, in which case we may share relevant information (e.g., attendee lists) for purposes of such program or event.
- Security and Compelled Disclosure. We may also disclose information about you that we have collected via the website to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect our property and rights, or anyone else, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable.
- Facilitating Requests. We share information at your request or direction.
- Merger or Acquisition. We reserve the right to transfer information we have about you and that we have collected via the website in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to require that the transferee use information you have provided through our website in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Notice.
Notwithstanding the above, we may share information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we share information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
Our website is intended for a general audience and is not directed at children under age 13.
We do not knowingly collect personal information (as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act, or “COPPA”) in a manner not permitted by COPPA. If you are a parent or guardian and you become aware that your child has provided us with information, or we have collected information from your child, in a manner not permitted by law, contact us at email@example.com. We will remove the data as required by applicable laws.
STORAGE AND TRANSFER OF DATA
We implement and maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards for the website designed to protect against loss, theft, misuse, or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the information we collect through the website. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of information about you.
We are based in the U.S. and the information we collect is governed by U.S. Law. If you are accessing the website from outside of the U.S., please be aware that our website may collect information that may be transferred to, processed, stored, and used in the United States. Data protection laws in the U.S. may be different from those of your country of residence. Your use of the website or provision of any information therefore constitutes your consent to the transfer to and from, processing, usage, sharing, and storage of information about you in the U.S. as set out in this Privacy Notice.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
If you would like to update your contact information or preferences, or if you would like to have your information removed from our mailing list, please contact us by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, when you receive certain electronic materials from us you may make use of any “opt out” provision in such communications, or email us your preferences, so that we know that you no longer wish to receive such materials from us.
To the extent required by law, we provide users with (i) reasonable access to the information they provide through the websites, and (ii) the ability to review, correct and delete such information. To help protect your privacy, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your information.
Most browsers accept cookies by default. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to decline or delete cookies. If you are multiple browsers on your device, you will need to instruct each browser separately. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
Your browser may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove tracking technologies, some parts of the website may not function correctly.
Google provides tools to allow you to opt-out of the use of certain information collected by Google Analytics at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Please note that if you opt out using this method, the opt out will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt out. We are not responsible for the effectiveness of, or compliance with, any opt out options or programs, or the accuracy of any other entities’ statements regarding opt out options or programs.
Shine the Light
We do not disclose personal information to third parties for those third parties’ own direct marketing purposes.
Notice of Collection
In the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers, including name, email address, phone number, and IP address.
- Internet activity, including interactions with our website.
- Employment and education data, including information provided related to our services or applying for a job with us.
- Government-Issued Identifiers such as Social Security Numbers or Passports, from our individual clients, prospective clients, or others, who are California residents and not representatives of businesses, if and to the extent necessary to provide legal services.
Right to Know and Delete
Consumers who are California residents (and not representatives of businesses, whether those businesses are our clients or others) may ask for certain information about our data practices in the preceding 12 months. They may request the following from us:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about them;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- The categories of personal information about them that we disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose or sold; and
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information.
In addition, in certain circumstances, California consumers can request that we delete the personal information we have collected from them.
California consumers should submit a request email us at email@example.com (using the subject line “California Privacy Rights Request”). In the request, please specify your request and the scope of the request. We will confirm receipt of your request and may require specific information from you to help us verify your identity and process your request. If we are unable to verify your identity, we may deny your requests to know or delete.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
We do not sell personal information as the term “sell” is defined under the CCPA.
Right to Non-Discrimination
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any of your rights.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We update or change this Privacy Notice from time to time and without delivering prior notice to you.
We will post a notice on our website’s privacy page to notify you if our Privacy Notice is revised. You may determine if the Privacy Notice has been revised by referring to the “Last Updated” date at the top of the Privacy Notice.
You should review this Privacy Notice frequently and be familiar with any updates.
HOW TO CONTACT US
We welcome\s questions and comments about this Privacy Notice, our data practices, or our compliance with applicable law. Please e-mail your question or comment to firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at the following address:
Alaimo & Boyer
600 W. Broadway,
San Diego, CA 92101
One America Plaza
Telephone: (619) 202-0212
If you have a disability and would like to access this Privacy Notice in an alternative format, please contact us at email@example.com.